AME volunteers have been hard at work planning AME San Diego 2018. The largest lean conference in the world, this event promises to help attendees deepen their understanding of lean and continuous improvement and give them the opportunity to connect with peers and share, learn and grow.
With this in mind, we have compiled five reasons you should attend AME San Diego 2018:
1. Networking opportunities. Not only will there will be fun networking activities such as the Dine-Around, AME-zing Race, Selfie Networking contest and Club Nu Bee orientation sessions at #AMESanDiego, but there's also the opportunity to meet other passionate lean and continuous improvement professionals. You'll also have the opportunity to ask questions, share best practices and find answers that solve problems that affect your business. You may even meet a close friend.
2. Keynote speakers. Gain insights and inspiration from eight diverse speakers that will help change your perspective and shift your thinking. This year Jeremy Gutsche kicks off our conference wtih insights on innovation. He'll be followed on Tuesday, October 30th by AME Hall-of-Famer Thomas Hartman, an executive coach at Catalysis (formerly Thedacare Center for Healthcare Value) and leadership pro Liz Wiseman. On Wednesday October 31st, lean researcher and author Mike Rother discusses Kata and how it can help your team. He's followed by Goodyear's director of manufacturing Billy Taylor. On Thursday November 1st, performance coach Dr. Ivan Joseph shares thoughts on leadership and perseverence. Just added to our schedule, Tania Katan, will discuss creative disruption and ways to utilize creativity in any area of business. Finally, former NFL quarterback Joe Theismann closes out the conference with his keynote on success and perseverence.
3. Practitioner-led sessions. Learn from practitioners who are guiding their organizations toward excellence every day. This year, sessions cover a wide-range of topics including lean government, lean digital manufacturing and workplace culture. Idea Exchange sessions are formatted to be both informative and interactive. This year, in addition to his keynote, Mike Rother will be conducting several hands-on, interactive Kata in the Classroom sessions. Space is limited, so find out how you can sign up for his workshop here.
4. Best practice tours. Witness excellence in person at plant tours from organizations covering a wide variety of industries. Organizations opening their doors for tours include Costco Optical, the City of San Diego, General Atomics, Solatube International and Taylor Guitars. You can begin registering for tours at AME San Diego 2018 on August 20, 2018 at 10 am CST.
5. Exhibits. The exhibit area is great place to share and discuss ideas and tools that improve processes.
If you have questions about AME San Diego 2018 visit our AME San Diego FAQ page or call us here at AME headquarters at 224-232-5980. Don't miss the opportunity to learn from your peers, meet new friends and take your lean game to the next level this fall in San Diego.